Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cymbalta. Change your tune!

Have you seen those Cymbalta commercials? Have you heard that haunting dreary tune? Have you seen those sad depressed faces?

They say "Depression Hurts". Yes. It does. But not as much as those commercials do!

The commercials ran last winter and really got me down. I was so thankful when they finally quit showing them.

The other day, from in the kitchen I heard that stinking song again! Argh! I thought they had dragged that commercial out, dusted it off to show it a few times, but NO! They got a whole new set of depressed people to show us. They kept the same song and the same voice over, (yes dear, I know it was a cost reduction) and just found a whole new group of depressed people to shove in our faces. I am sure they realize these commercials make us depressed. I think it is all a ploy to sell more Cymbalta. Nobody really needed the stuff until they started showing those commercials!

Please, Cymbalta people. Play a happy tune and put me out of my misery!

4 comments:

PizzaMaster said...

I am depressed just hearing that they are back on.

Ok, on the bright side..., dang, I heard the song again.

The Sprechers said...

Gah! Me no likey the awful clarinet or piano pecking either!!

: )

Crabby McSlacker said...

It's so funny, I rarely watch the evening news on tv anymore, but have been doing it a little more lately with elections, stock market etc.

And every commercial seems to be for some prescription drug or other!

Makes me want to go back to my nice quiet internet, although the Wrinkle Lady still haunts my nightmares.

Holly said...

Crabby, I need to do that wrinkle lady treatment on my actual self! Those ads make it look oh, so, simple.