Sunday, September 14, 2008

My kid is so smart, no really, he is.

Friday I bought a new purse. I was pretty excited because I needed a new purse. I seem to have outgrown my last one. Anyway, I got it home and started the process of changing purses. I opened it up to remove any stray packing paper and silicone drying packs. As I buried my face in the purse for the final check of things that didn't belong to me, I was surprised to find...


...a STENCH!


Eww. This was not a stench that I was going to be able to live with. What to do? I was whining about it to Ian and he said just take it back and get another one.


I got a great deal on this purse. It was on clearance. I was starting to think maybe I knew why. I stuck my nose in the purse again. Could I possibly deal with this smell? Definitely not!




Ian suggested I buy a pack of Doublemint gum, open it up and put the pieces in there. Hmmm. Interesting concept.



I am happy to report that today I am loading up my minty fresh purse with all of my stuff!


Thanks Ian! You rock!


2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

I love that you have a label called "stench!"

Glad the gum cleared that up. Wonder why it was so smelly to begin with?

Holly said...

I am forcing myself to NOT try to figure out why it smelled so bad.